66 Morris Cooper S 10/28 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 Morris Cooper S 10/28 update

I added about 40 new images to my 66 Morris Cooper S album.
    http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Cooper%20S/

Car has new rear valance. Gunnar welded from underneath between original spot welds, so the original spot welds have been retained.

New thicker metal bump stops have been bonded and welded in place - old ones were toast and floor was cracked. Rough roads in Australia...

Rear seat area is now finished and looks sweet.

Under side of boot floor is cleaned up and looking perfect.

Replaced RH tank support with new.

LH floor replacement nearly complete - looks great!

Gunnar has started on removing the extra vents from the new sills - a big pain.

Blind nut for grounding strap welded in place.

Gunnar has done an awesome job on all of the work. I'm glad we decided to replace the rear valance rather than repair. That enabled access to really clean up the boot floor in the valance area behind the spare tire recess. Gunnar applied weld through primer to the new metal, so it should be well protected.

Cheers!

Mark
    Last edited by mmalleck; 10-28-2009, 11:30 PM.

Mark, Gunnar,
    Excellent progress! Way to go! Perhaps this much perfection deserves a really nice finish of, say, late Rover Volcano Orange!? :-)
    Mark, see your p.m.

Best regards,
    MSH
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Thanks Mark. That's close to my Murano color. If I was going to use orange, it would be a "shield your eyes, burn your retinas, oh my God why did you paint it that" kind of orange. Best orange I've seen like that was on a Kawasaki motorcylce a co-worker drives.

I think this is the color:

looks much brighter in person.

Comment

Orange

OH My God, why would you paint it that kind of Orange!!!

Love the colour.td.jpg
        It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

That it! Love it!!!

Comment

Mark, of course you are just kidding about orange for the OZ car.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

how funny. the pick up gunnar is doing for me is that same sorta orange. if you have been to any of the abfm's i am going to go with the lotus orange that they used on the elise. it's sort of a gold pearl/orange. to bright to look at. should be fun! lots of orange in the club!!
              Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Cheleker View Post
                Mark, of course you are just kidding about orange for the OZ car.
                Chuck - I couldn't do that to this Mini. As much as I love orange, I'm going with what is stamped on the plate: Toga White/New BRG. The OZ British Racing Green is really dark compared to the British color they put on the Austin Coopers. I think the dark green will look really nice.

The only other color I'd consider is Shadow Blue - also 66 Australian color.

Dave - I'm familiar with the Lotus Elise chrome orange. I'd like to own one of those cars before I'm too old to crawl in and out of one.

BTW - my ROH Contessa wheels are at Dependable Wheel. I stopped by after they had finished the first wheel - looked really nice.

Comment

I'm not a keeper of magazines but I did keep the July 2007 issue of MiniWorld.
                  The cover article shows a vtec clubman estate in the most beautifull ORANGE I've ever seen. Sure enough it's Lotus Chrome ORANGE.
                  The '63 has enough holes in the paint to know it was originally orange so when the time comes to turn it over to Gunnar......
                  Don

Comment

Don, No Mk I English saloons were orange.
                    Last edited by Cheleker; 11-08-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

The '63 was formerly orange so when the time comes to turn it over to Gunnar....

Comment

Ah, I see. Formerly, like at least once in it's life, as opposed to originally.

Comment

Working...
                        X