No announcement yet.

Bunch of cool rare parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is another interesting link with more cool rare parts.

Comment

The M Sport Totchini sort of looks like something out of the movie Cars. It looks like it is grinning, with buck teef (license) plate. All it needs is the dots for eye ball pupils in the middle of the headlights.

I agree that it is probably based on a moke, the headlight placement and the lower sides of the body give it away.

It is not my cup of tea, personally it's sort of fugly! Just because it was based on something Mini doesn't make it attractive. Just my two cents, pence or two hundred yen...
      Skip

Comment

I don't know...

Maybe if I had an extra $32k lying around, I'd spend it on a bug-eyed Moke with skirts.

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by BIGSHOT View Post
          I don't know...

Maybe if I had an extra $32k lying around, I'd spend it on a bug-eyed Moke with skirts.

Dan
          Dan,
          If you buy it, I'll supply the pupils for the eyeball lights. Do you have any color preferences?

Seriously it looks like the coachwork has been added to mimic the fiberglass dune buggies which were popular in the early - mid 60's. Maybe a bugeye Sprite rear ended a Moke? It does blend all three in one.

The coachwork in this case is good enough that if one didn't have a trained eye may think that it is "new" bodywork. Which is pretty much the hallmark that separates a good "customizer" from a master coach builder.

I would like to see the body from a few more angles, as it probably blends better from the profile back and forward than just a 3/4 profile shown.

As they say in the Hot Rod world; "Dare to be different!"
          Skip

Comment

i've seen a few full length bumpers, but have decided that i like the bumperettes better.

and which flares did you get for yours again? i liked the way they wrapped the body wall. looked very clean that way.
            Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Working...
            X