Fired right up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fired right up

Chuck and I started the pickup this evening. After sitting for nearly four years, and after a couple of days of leakstopping and contact cleaning, the engine came alive with minimal cranking and purred like a well-oiled kitten.

I am pumped tonight. All my dreams will be driving ones.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

and all mine will be filled with envy for my friend with the pick up as i apparently (by truck standards) have at least 2 more years to go.

have great drives dan!! you've waited long enough for it!!
    Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

If you look closely, there have been a few changes since the earlier photo (under "BIGSHOT" on Dan's posting), not the least of which is the lack of the black stripe.
      The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

ooooohhhhhhh, drool, droool, That truck is sweet! Way to go Dan!
        All of your efforts have certainly paid off, so congratulations.
        May all of your drives in it be excellent ones.
        I'll look forward to seeing you in it.
        All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

looks awsome Dan! How many days till you leave??? aahhh ...who need seats anyway If you get down to the wire and need extra hands, let us know.
          "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
          ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
          '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
          '60 Morris Van - Marvan
          '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Let's all raise our pints to dan, cheers!

Comment

Dan,
              You just can't get away from that "Jacked-Up" look can you. It's only slightly lower but the tires are bigger!! They look like Monster Mudders compared to the little ones.

Congratulations, all that hard work and $$$ have turned out a really sweet Mini Truck!

Are you planning on installing the hood anytime soon? That clean engine compartment is almost blinding!!
              Skip

Comment

What the hell does a "well oiled kitten" sound like? Looking forward to hearing it myself. Congratulations Dan! Don

Comment

That is a beautiful pickup mini! I love the flares on it, and the color. congrats on the completion, and enjoy your first drive!

Comment

Thanks, Guys. First drive happened today. The well-oiled kitten roared around the Heleker homestead. What a thrill to have a running Mini again.

Uh, Chuck's taking the little truck's temperature as it warms up. Honest, he isn't impersonating that Calvin decal you see in rear windows.

The pickup will have to be domesticated quite a bit for the trip to Mini-sota in two weeks, so there's still lots to do, but at least we're over the first-drive hurdle.

Dan
                    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

1) That's Chucks "Are you feeling lucky? Go ahead, kitten, make my day" pose.
                      2) Because you put the steering wheel on the wrong side!

Just trying to help, Don

Comment

Hey, just be glad it's not Ed (doing his best Father Flanigan) giving it the Last Rites!

The steering wheel is on the correct side. Not to mention the absence of a radio, who needs a radio when you can listen to the music of a well running motor. No better colour than Really Red!
                        Skip

Comment

dan,
                          what size are those wellers you have in the first picture?
                          Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

The wheels are 10X5, Dave, but they're only Weller wannabes.

Dan
                            Dan

Comment

Do the Weller wannabes have a blue and red stripe on the rim? I thought that was the difference between real and wannabes. I had a set of those on my first mini, and it wasn't a pick up!
                              "This one goes to eleven."

Comment

Working...
                              X