Don Piercy and Mediterranean Minis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Piercy and Mediterranean Minis

Ed Sauer sent me these photos he just got from Don Piercy. Seems Don was in Europe recently and snapped a couple of shots of some local cars. The first pic was taken on the island of Rhodes and the second is from Sicily.

They're everywhere! They're everywhere!

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Now there are two Mini in Europe with dents in the roof!
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Good to hear from Don, part of the Whidbey Island (hmm, there seems to be an island theme going on here) Mini gang. A good guy with a couple of very nice Minis. I still remember that great tour and bbq a few years back.
      Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
      1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

didn't he sell his minis? dave walton? comments?
        Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Ummm..... Not that I am aware of.... I know he had advertised to sell the 91 Cooper and the NZ Clubman at some point. Don't know if he really let them go. He lives outside of town so I never see him. I hope he still has the 59 Austin Honda Seven. I wanna see it so I can have some inspiration for my own Clubby.

Bill Waite on the other had sold (or more apporpriatly traded) his Green 90's Cooper for a Really Old 30's American Austin. And then sold it and is now cruising around in a Nice Looking (although not at all British - where did he go wrong) Karmen Ghia.

Comment

Hey Chad, didn't you buy the NZ Clubman?
            Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
            1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Lisa and Buddy bought the Clubman! They didn't reach reserve on the recent E-Bay attempt to sell it so maybe Chad and Lauren should make an offer?
              Don

Comment

Don't tell Lauren, but this clubman had crossed my mind!

Not going to happen though. Lauren won't see another Mini in our household until I finish the one I already have!

You're going to get me in trouble, Don.

Comment

What trouble? It runs and it'll be Lauren's! Don

Comment

Pleased to say we are alive and well (I think...) on Whidbey. Good news - the monthly dinner meeting I have attended for over 20 years in Seattle with the same time/day as SAMOA meetings is changing to Wednesdays (yea!) in October. Still have the 59 MINI and runs great (almost got caught yesterday...) and the 1990 is happy. Trying to make Greenwood and will bring the 59 and the 56 Morris Minor UTE if able - will know shortly. Roberta and I are wanting to see you all soon. Europe was fun - dented roof MINIs were a treat to find. Others spotted from tour bus but too quick in passing to photograph. If you had a pile of Euros, you could load a 40 foot container with all sorts of goodies...
                    NZ MINI Don

Comment

Working...
                    X