Proper way to remove LATE model dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper way to remove LATE model dashboard

I'm curious if there is a trick, or any tips i should know about removing a dash board from a late model MPi... i don't want to break it! I plan on having it refinished since the whole dash is cracked and in poor shape. Anyone have any idea or know of a place that has a part diagram or something?

Thanks!

-Tim

This is covered in the #646 Haynes Service and Repair Manual and in the very late #646 Owner's Workshop Manual.

The Service and Repair Manual is a mediocre manual but if you have a late model Mini it's the only thing in print and you should own one. It is often referred to as a Workshop Manual but it's not really since there are a few sections missing that were in the older Workshop Manuals.

The latest #646 Owner's Workshop Manual I have is '69-'94 and it has the facia/dashboard information. The #646 Owner's Workshop Manual from '69 to '91 doesn't have it so if you find one it has to be the right one.

And yes the Haynes Service and Repair Manual and the Owner's Workshop Manuals all have the same numbers, it's not a typo.

Cheers,

Kelley
    If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

thanks! i have a digital version of the workshop manual...but could never find the info about removing the dashboard since they don't refer to it as a dashboard! they call it a fascia...which oddly i've never heard of it being called that! When i did a search, nothing showed up until i used the word fascia and then found it. I find the digital version of the manual to be odd to use.

Comment

Hence my signature...

Kelley
        If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Working...
        X