Australian Clubman Van?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Clubman Van?

Hi, I've had a possibility come up on an Auzzie Clubman Van ( with windows ).
    Other than the usual commentaries regarding the cars' probiscus, does anyone know of ANY data that is specific to a mid 70's vintage van?
    I know the following:
    RHD, funky clubman guages and even funkier switches and bezels
    Windows cut into rear sides APPEAR to be factory due to "frenching" of gasket rim
    Cool looking/venting auzzie doors with funky door handles
    Full metal load floor
    No "van" roof vent
    998 with CV's, twin leading shoes
    Desperately needs a lot of work!
    A big thanks to P.A.C.E. for allowing me to recognize that Clubmen are Minis too!
    Please let me know if anyone has any information / resources on these. I've attached a basic pic for your viewing pleasure / amusement!
    Thanks and regards,
    MSH
    Attached Files
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Looks like a neat project for you Mark. If I remember correctly the full sided vans where not allowed in Australia because of visibility rules. So all Auzzi vans had windows put in before they could be sold.
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Mark, You'd better check the By-Laws. SAMOA may have already reached it's Clubman limit. Don

Comment

Does this mini happen to currently live in Kirkland off of 124th?

Comment

Hi Robert,
          Yes, that's the one. Do you know any details you can share? Feel free to PM or phone me, and thanks in advance,
          Best regards,
          MSH

Comment

Looks genuine. OZ didn't do estates so windows in a van were a factory option...at least in the early days. I've not heard of the visibility issue, but windows were certainly valid. Floor and vent sound correct, too.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Did you get the Van

Comment

Wow, that looks almost as Rare as the one in Craig's List a couple of weeks ago... You do know that it is really rare don't you??? Hopefully someone can dig up the Craig's List ad and the guy can tell you all over again that it's REALLY Rare!!!

Seriously (sometimes I'm serious) it looks like a neat little LWB Mini!!! Wagons are the in thing with Hot Rodders lately, this just might qualify as a pint sized one!! Did I say I like it, I like it. There I said it!!

Even if it is so rare that I may never qualify to own it, I like it!!! That's it, I'm going to search for that Craig's List Ad right now....
                Skip

Comment

you gotta love long wheel base cars! that would be a project, but we all gotta keep chuck in gunnar and james in mini work somehow! come on guys. buy a few more!! and marc, you'd look goooood in yellow!
                  Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Hi all,
                    Michael, not yet, but I'm working out the details. I'm "cautiously optimistic".

Skip, thanks for the kind words. I like it too. In a strangely grotesque sort of way, it reminds me a square nose ford cortina done in 7/8ths scale. Then, maybe it was just that I've been seeing so many clubmen lately, that the different nose looks are "growing on me". Please do let me know if you have a chance to get that CL ad. ( my search didn't spot it. )

Dave, I WILL NOT be starting up a taxi cab service!! You know me, I like the LWB cars, so this is just one way to get into one. We'll see, I'm still working through the details.

It might happen as early as March 14th, so say a prayer for me y'all!

Best regards to all,
                    MSH

Comment

Vidoe on You tube of van

Mark,
                      You may already be aware of this but I beleive this van has been on you tube. Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtiR8HZhqYY

There may be more video as well of this van

Comment

Thanks Steve, Yeah, I've seen those. I appreciate your having linked them in.
                        See you Saturday?
                        Best regards,
                        MSH

Comment

Working...
                        X