Autocross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocross

So, for those who use to do run this kind of thing. How many cones would it take to set up a club autocross? I've always been just a driver not an organiser. I may have found a place and I'm thinking of hosting a couple of "charity" autocrosses this coming season. I work with the vice press of the local Datson club (also started as an autocross club, 30years ago), and we've been thinking of going together on it. Does anyone have a bull horn (no need for a PA system and genorator) and if we run one car at a time, we can use a stop watch (old school) instead of spending the money on a timing light set up. I would all be for fun anyway. Still working out the details and permission, so don't ask where.

Just fishing, let me know what you think.

Would you:
    A)particapate
    B)help but not run
    C)attend but just watch
    D)laugh to yourself about how crazy we all are, and ask how it went at the next meeting.
    Last edited by James T; 01-15-2009, 03:29 PM.
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

E) All of the above...
    Tom
    My Mini is plastic.

Comment

The issue is insurance.
      The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

I'll go for A, B, & C. Don't bring it up at the next meeting. SAMOA is not involved. You've got my contact info. Better yet call me on my shoe phone. We'll need the Cone of Silence let alone "traffic" cones for this job.
        Agent 86

Comment

Working on the insurance part. Will most likely have everyone there sign a "it's my own fault" statement filled with lots of leagle yata yata. Don, have decoded your secret message. Will call you on the shoe phone an give the password.
          "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
          ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
          '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
          '60 Morris Van - Marvan
          '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

99, get me the chief!
            All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Working...
            X