Barrett-Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett-Jackson

If anyone is going this year take a look at the Mini Jolly. Definitely the must have of the season. Jollys (or is it Jollies?) based on FIATs are mass produced compared to the three Mini based creations. Nearly as rare as Mini based firetrucks I would speculate. Lot number 996 if the link doesn't work.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...3&d=01/13/2009
    "This one goes to eleven."

Nothing "Jolly" about them. Factory made Beach Minis.

Not many factory made but certainly more than three. I think that when Nick Rogers and I were digging into them we found at least 6 in the U.S. alone. I've heard numbers in the 14 - 20 range.

I'm sure there's more behind the story of this car. I think it was one that was owned by a big car collector that had a house just south of Des Moines. His other house (of the two that I was aware of!) was in Scottsdale AZ and that's where the car was kept.

If that's the car, I remember about 8 - 10 years ago getting a call from a shop that was doing some work on the car. Needed a good Austin boot badge. I had one and sent it off with a letter asking some questions about the car. Never got so much as a "Thank you."
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Is that the one that was at Mini Meet West in California a couple of years ago?
      Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
      1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Here's a glimpse. San Ramon, 2005.

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

No, Ed. Different car. Never shown to my knowledge. Also not the one at the Portland ABFM several years ago (from Idaho) and not the one from Florida, and not the one from Georgia, and not the one shown at MME a few years ago, etc.
          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Fascinating.

Thanks for all the details.
            "This one goes to eleven."

Comment

Working...
            X