Race mini for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race mini for sale

Phil(?)Wicks is selling his race car-50 large. Saw it advertised in Classic Motorsport magazine.

See it here.

I got a chance to walk the Blackhawk Farms track with Phil Wicks during Mini Meet 2004 in Illinois. He really knew his stuff, and was great at explaining corner entrance, apex and exit strategies. He'd given a class to Meet entrants the day before and I'm sorry now that I missed it.

He may have run this car at 2015's Can-Am Mini Challenge, but I don't remember seeing it in the paddock area. At least I don't remember seeing those twin Webers.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I see the car is listed in a Bring A Trailer auction. A week to go and it's only hit 6500 bucks. Get your bids in now. Owning it would be a hoot, I'm sure.

Dan
      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

He has it listed in Classic Motorsport magazine for $50K.

Comment

"MiniGuy" now is high bidder on BaT at 10 grand. Only four days left to get in a bid.

Dan
          Dan

Comment

Up to $16,250 with an 1:14 to go. What's the reserve? If I was going racing........
            Last edited by minied; 03-01-2017, 10:19 AM.
            Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
            1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Reserve not met at $17,750. There's still a chance you can go racing, Ed.

This would be one of those if-I-won-the-lottery purchases -- along with a dozen other cars that come to mind.

Sigh.

Dan
              Dan

Comment

Working...
              X