Tentative 2017 Track Day at The Ridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tentative 2017 Track Day at The Ridge

What do you think? Bill Busacca is willing to organize a SAMOA Mini track day next summer at The Ridge in Shelton. If he can make it economical enough, he's proposing a Hood Canal Cruise that ends at the track, where those signed up will get to run laps. If enough members are interested, we have a choice of July 8, Aug. 5, or Sept. 2.

Bill will be at the Food Drive Dec. 3, and will provide more information and answer questions about the whole affair.

Here's the critical bit of info: A regular track day costs $350 per car. Sounds pretty steep, right? Bill's working on an arrangement with track management that will result in some kind of half-day running (I think) for $150-$175 per car. Does that sound doable for you?

Please chime in with any comments or concerns. Bill is willing to put this together; he wants to know how you feel about it, what you need to know, and when you might want to try it.

Dan

P.S. I'm going to try to get Bill on this forum so he can communicate directly.
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Sat, Aug 5th could be the 50th celebration.

What requirements are needed of the car and the driver to run laps?
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

I'm fine with a Hood Canal cruise and will gladly spectate but not participate in a track day.

Comment

I'm interested.

Comment

Bill will be at the White Elephant and will provide more info, answer questions, perform root canals, etc.

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

My vote would be to make it September. That way it takes place after our big 50th celebration.

Comment

I'm in

I'm in!

Requirements are usually an SFI 2010 rated fire resistant helmet.

that's pretty much it for just a track day and usually they have helmet rentals if you don't want to shell out $400 plus for a new one.

the ridge is amazing......

Cheers

Greg

Comment

Working...
              X