Book for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book for Christmas?

Are you looking for a book to buy yourself for Christmas? Are you a fan of The Italian Job? Do some searching for "The Making of The Italian Job" by Matthew Field. It was published in 2001 so finding a new one may be tough, but a good used one will do.

I just finished reading it and, although I thought I was pretty well educated on a movie I've seen probably 30+ times, there was a lot of new information. For instance, did you ever wonder what happened to the Miura that went over the cliff, or why the movie ended the way it did? The book has those answers, and many more.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Here's another Christmas option: The Complete Catalogue of the Mini.

This one was just published. The "official" U.S. price is $59.95, but I've seen them as cheap as $27.05 for new ones on Amazon.

The author, Chris Rees, covers "over 500 variants from around the world, 1959-2000." Information appears good on everything from the start of design to the first cars produced, and on until the end of production. All the factory produced cars are covered, and not just for those made in England.

But wait! There's more! Special editions (from England and other countries), coachbuilt Minis, as well as factory one-offs and prototypes are discussed.

The book works well as a reference book, and a couple hours of reading and looking at pictures and you'll be where it took me close to 50 years to get!
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Working...
    X