Me and Mean Mr. Mustard.
    Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
    1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

not going.

peter

Comment

I'll be there. Like Eddie Rabbitt, I love a rainy drive. Or somethin' like that...

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Huge turnout and great weather topped by the Oregon Mini Society presenting SAMOA's Chris Miller with the annual Classic Mini Preservation Award for his recently completed 1071 Cooper S. Way to go Chris!
          Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
          1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Unfortunately, it wasn't a huge Mini turn out. Only 24 Minis and only 5 of them were from SAMOA.

Clarification: only 24 that I counted on the Mini section of the field. There were a few others scattered around elsewhere.

Addition: Chris Miller, who didn't get anything in the People's Choice awards, took the much more important OMS Preservation award, as Ed mentioned.
            Last edited by Cheleker; 09-08-2016, 02:37 PM.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

It was the Land of the Land Rovers this year, and the Landies were out in force.

And over in Miniville, there were 11 Mark I cars on the field.

And three Mark IIs.

More in a minute.

Dan
              Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Four Mark IIIs showed up...

...including Jerry's TIC.

Three late, late cars were there.

And six LWBs stretched out on the grass.

More in a minute.

Dan
                Dan

Comment

One variant, Chuck's South African Mini Mark 3, was displayed, although the Mini Marcos of OMS' Dave Munsey was registered and parked in a distant booth.

Chris answered a lot of questions about his debuting 1071 S. It's a beautiful car beautifully done.

Here's a closer look.

And here's a shot of Chris accepting the Preservation Award for the car.

More in a minute.

Dan
                  Dan

Comment

Steve was the club's representative in the giant slalom.

While the world watched.

And, of course, SOVREN was there for two days of slam bang vintage racing. In fact, if you look closely at the boot lid of Don Racine's #61 Mini, you'll see the damage from a Turn 1 run-in with a fellow racer.

Good weather, good company and a great drive either way. That was Portland 2016.

Dan
                    Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X