after the meeting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after the meeting!

I have a question for the club members. How many of you leave the regular Tuesday night meetings and are inspired to go out to your shop/garage and work on your mini when you get home?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

No....I usually don't get home till after 10pm.
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

No..The last meeting was at my shop..And I didn't get home till after 10pm.

Don

Comment

after a meeting back to Vashon normally home between 1o.3o - 11.30 turn the key off , that s it.!!~

Comment

No, I dream about working on my Mini, then do it the following morning.
          Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
          1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

When I get home -- before going into the house -- I might resurface a head and change a set of brake shoes. Then I'll go into the house and remember that I wanted to change the oil. So it's back outside where I warm up the car and hear a clicking tappet. After the valve adjustment, I'll drain and refill the sump, then replace the front wheel bearings. Then it's time to return to the house to review the meeting's minutes. If I don't remember to go back to the garage to replace those wobbly motor mounts, I'll be in bed before daybreak.

Dan
            Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

So this person I know belongs to a , we'll say a "quilting" club that meets once a month and does we'll say "quilt" shows and then this person gets home from her meeting, after 9 and proceeds to "quilt" for the next 2 hours or so. and get up and go to work the next day. Makes me wonder how inspiring their meetings are to be able to do that.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

It's an interesting point, Tim, but probably not a fair comparison. I mean, does this person wear her quilts to her meetings? No? What's up with that?

Dan
                Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

My wife is an avid quilter and I've been trying to talk her into quilting me a full sized "tea-cozy" for the Mini but no luck yet.
                  Firemarshal Bill
                  78' Mini 1000

Comment

Working...
                  X