Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

Hi SAMOA!

First off, thanks Kelley for helping me get access to the forum!

I've already briefly introduced myself on the Facebook page, but wanted to add a message here too. I'm currently in the market for my first Mini! I've always had an interest with the classic Minis, so now that the time is right for me to add a fun car to the family, the Mini was the obvious choice. I've been doing my research and looking around for the past couple of months. I'm really happy to see that there is such an active club in Seattle! Looking forward to joining the family and meeting you all.

A bit about what I'm looking for. Current price range ≤$10k. Looking for a driver quality car. I have a fairly weak mechanical knowledge (I’ve performed basic routine maintenance on my cars, but no major repairs), so I’m not looking to take on a huge project right out of the gate. Part of the reason I’m looking for a classic car is to grow that knowledge though, so I’m planning on doing maintenance and repairs on my own. My wife would prefer LHD, but I have no real preference. Manual preferred. Limited/no Rust, like most everyone else

Anyway, if you know of anything that might be appropriate, send it my way! Again, I’m looking forward to joining the Mini family when the right car comes along.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to our affliction, er I mean, our Mini world. There are a lot of resources here, I know I've learned a lot. You've made the right move in joining SAMOA before getting a car, you can avoid a few pitfalls this way. Hope to see you at the meeting on the 19th.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Dixminion View Post
      Hi Kevin,

Welcome to our affliction, er I mean, our Mini world. There are a lot of resources here, I know I've learned a lot. You've made the right move in joining SAMOA before getting a car, you can avoid a few pitfalls this way. Hope to see you at the meeting on the 19th.

Don
      Thanks Don!

Tell me more about some of these pitfalls Haha. I have been doing my research and think I have a pretty good idea of what I am looking for, but any advance is always welcome. I am actually looking at this Mini later this week, which I think is being sold by a SAMOA member.

I am planning on attending the meeting on the 19th. Looking forward to meeting some of you there.

Comment

Nice looking car. A good idea is to have the car inspected before you buy. The club has a member who, for a small fee, will go over the car with a fine tooth comb. Compression check, tires, brakes, electrical, etc. Worth every penny.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome last night! It was nice to meet those of you that were there.

Comment

Welcome, Kevin. It's too bad we couldn't have more cars there last night. We actually drive our Minis sometimes.

Dan
            Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Hey Kevin, that looks like a fairly nice car! I had been talking with you of FB about a car I knew of that was for sale. But lost the thread to get back to you. (Much easier too keep track of here) turns out the owner is stil on the fence on selling it. So good luck with this car, and I'll let you know if anything changes on the other.
              "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
              ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
              '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
              '60 Morris Van - Marvan
              '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Working...
              X