New Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Book

Add this one to your "I want for Christmas" list.

Factory-Original Mini Mk I & Mk II, By James Taylor

Perfect? No, but as good as they get.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

who would have thought that James Taylor new anything about minis!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

Here's another one: The Ultimate Mini Restoration Manual, by Iain Ayre. Here's the subtitle: How to Choose, Restore, Paint, Trim, Overhaul, Update, Upgrade, Grossly Overpower and generally Have Fun with a Classic Mini.
      Of course, not all of that could be captured in one book and Iain mentions using the book along with a shop manual.
      As for the FUN part, here's an example. " 'Carburettor' is a French word that translates as 'leave it alone.' "

Comment

well you know he was around in the 60s and 70s...
        Jerry C
        "You drive...I think there's something wrong with me"

Comment

I concur with Chuck. It's a very good book, especially for those interested in documenting stock early Mini's.

The singer James Taylor definitely was a car guy (at least in the early 70's..).

Comment

And another one, The Journey That Never Was. I haven't read this one, yet, but I have it on order. There are excerpts from it in the January issue of MiniWorld, and you can find a write up on Amazon.

It's 1961 and two women in their early 20s drive a 1959 Mini around the world.

Comment

TTT.
              Presented the three books at last night's meeting and was asked to post them. Already had and here they are brought forward.

Oh, and The Journey That Never Was is fascinating.
              Last edited by Cheleker; 03-16-2016, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Is the "Ultimate Mini Restoration Manual" only available in paperback?

Comment

Paperback is all I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                  X