Moss Motoring Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moss Motoring Challenge

It's official. The pickup and I finished 15th in the 2014 Moss Motoring Challenge. It's only a $50 prize, but it actually was a lot of fun, and probably added a number of miles to my wanderings last year.

If you're interested in competing for gift certificates, T-shirts and stickers, visit mossmotors.com for more info.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

And a big thanks, really, to Chuck and Jerry for putting up with my lightning right turns on our 13-state jaunt last year.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

15th! You got robbed
      "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
      ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
      '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
      '60 Morris Van - Marvan
      '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Yes, I'd like to know what it took to be 14th and above.
        The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Great pictures!

Comment

I was 15th out of 53 winners, so I was pleased with how it turned out. No telling how many people actually signed up. I scored 139 points while the First Place finisher racked up 200. The guy visited all 48 lower states and nine provinces in a TR3.

Dan

Dan

Comment

Well done, Dan!
              MSH
              All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Dan, I gotta ask. How did I ever miss the pencil? Kankakee, got it. The world's second tallest free standing radio tower, got it. The last remaining ICBM silo in North Dakota, ok. The world's largest popcorn ball, ok. The largest statue of a crow that I've ever seen, ok. But where was the pencil???
                Last edited by Jerry; 01-26-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

You don't remember the pencil, Jerry? It was right there across the street from the World's Largest Sharpener.

Nah, I'm kidding. I was flying solo when I shot the pencil. It's in Centralia, of all places. We could have driven by it on our way to Portland.

Dan
                  Dan

Comment

Jerry, Don't forget the penquin.
                    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Nor the birthplace of Kool-Aid.

Dan
                      Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X