X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Waldo?

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Where?

Comment

Mechanicsville...?

Comment

Hmmmm, looks vaguely familiar........

Comment

Never heard of it. Dan just made it up.
          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

it must be somewhere in the US !!!!

peter

Comment

Virginia, outside of Richmond

Comment

Iowa, in the middle of, um, Iowa.

Comment

Yup, Jerry's right. It's in Iowa, right between Lisbon and Clarence. I think the concept of "flat" was invented in this area. At the time, Jerry, Chuck and I were headed for the Can-Am Mini Challenge at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

I'd planned to use this thread to link SAMOAns to all my photos from our drive to Mini Challenge/Mini Meet this summer, but unfortunately I ran into some technical problems trying to upload more than 600 images.

It's going to take me a little while to straighten this out. I know at least a couple of people were interested in seeing the photos, and they'll get their chance as soon as I can finish all the uploading acrobatics.

Bear with me a little longer.

Dan
                  Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Thought so. If I remember correctly, we had warm rain to drive through when we left the motel that morning. The road surface of highway 30 eastbound in Iowa was really rough, a seemingly endless bone jarring test of suspension components. Then we ran into fog, highway construction and traffic. The stop outside of Mechanicsville was a welcome chance to stretch our legs.

Comment

Working...
                    X