Evening with Hopkirk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening with Hopkirk

My wife sprang for an early birthday present, ticket to see Paddy Hopkirk at the Candy Store in Burlingame CA. A genuine and warm fellow of 81 years Paddy took us back to the early history of the mini and its rally heritage, also winning the 64 Monte giving credit to the team and BMC. What a wonderful evening.

I think the club (if we found the funds) could spring for a plane ticket and accommodations and bring Paddy to Seattle. Maybe with help from LeMay? his wife just had back surgery and is recovering but after she is healed we could probably get them out this way.

Just thinking out loud.

Cheers!

Greg

Great pictures. Jeremy Thorpe and Mike Kearney on site.

Comment

I 2nd the motion from Greg to bring over Paddy Hopkirk,
      would be nice to talk to him and shake his hand
      To fund it between samoa and Le may , a good idea.
      This potential event could be part of a mini Meet West by Samoa

peter

Comment

Follow up.

I have the audio I will be publishing in edited form for the Cooper Stripes podcast, but I would love to play the whole thing with Doug Peterson and Jacques Andres in it's raw form for the club.

Just pick a place and time and bring beers

Greg

Next the #42 mini heads south to Chump Car in Buttonwillow Aaron will be there for the true 24 hour endurance with the little mini.

gonna be fun.

Comment

LeMay and us would probably afford it, and then invite the Canadiens and Oregon folks would make for a GREAT event!
          Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Working...
          X