Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checkin' in!

Hello all,

The right hand of this page indicates that I was here last on 11/19/2011 @9:27 am.....wow I've been away a long time!
    Sorry, but my Mini ownership is somewhat back burner at the moment but after my Imp restoration.... yeah, I said Imp...I'll be leaning again towards ownership again.
    I hope all's been well with everyone and miss you guys! I've moved again to a place on the lake near Bellingham with a little garage to carry out mayhem on my cars but the best thing is my neighborhood doesn't care about noise.

I also wanted to let you know of a Cars & Coffee venue that's just started here (Bellingham) that's started off with a nice turn out. It's every first Saturday of each month at a local independent European auto repair shop that can hold at least a few hundred cars and I've mentioned to the owner Ron that you guys might like the social visit to talk about your Minis......so, no excuse to not spend a morning talking cars from 9:00-12:00 then lunch at our wonderful Micro brewery's we have here.
    If there's some interest, email me at [email protected] and please don't be strangers.

Your friend,
    Steve Kovacs

Hey steve! good to see you here again.
    racecar spelled backwards is racecar

Comment

There's a couple of Minis in the Belling-pig area; including, a very nice Estate.

And in England this year, there is supposed to be a race series for Minis and Imps. You shouldn't have any trouble figuring out who to root for.
      The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheleker View Post
        There's a couple of Minis in the Belling-pig area; including, a very nice Estate.

And in England this year, there is supposed to be a race series for Minis and Imps. You shouldn't have any trouble figuring out who to root for.
        I always root for the underdog!

Comment

Hey, Steve. It's good to hear from you. Will we be seeing that Imp anytime soon at Van Dusen Gardens?

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by BIGSHOT View Post
            Hey, Steve. It's good to hear from you. Will we be seeing that Imp anytime soon at Van Dusen Gardens?

Dan
            Hey Dan,

How've you been? I'm sure you're still diggin your p/up. I should be close to driving the Imp this year but not ready for prime time yet as I'm still sorting out the mechanicals.
            Monies are still tight due to child support and now there's talk about college funding.
            One of the challenges of owning a rare vehicle is parts availability case in point after searching for a windshield for months here in the states one popped up back east for $350.00 plus shipping. Most stuff I get through the club forum in the UK and everyone on it are most helpful as it should be but there is that part even they can't get.
            They say that there's approximately 50 here in the states so parts are tuff. The nice thing going for mine is that it's an late rust free mk1 with a light body at 1560 lbs with a lot of potential for more power out of the 875cc engine but I'll be opting for a 1040 webered carb engine later on.
            After all that I will be looking for another Mini project so stay tuned.

Your friend,
            Steve Kovacs

Comment

Dear Mr. K,

Is Homeskillet still around? I'm hungry.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Dixminion View Post
                Dear Mr. K,

Is Homeskillet still around? I'm hungry.

Don
                You bet it's still there so is the owner that owns the Mini Mayfair too. I'd be nice to see you Don....but you can buy!

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X