local history Aussie mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local history Aussie mini

Hello all, Picked up a mk1 Australian mini in pieces with a pretty good shunt in the front end (its missing) 998 engine, outside is a deep red. Interior is a cream/grey color, RHD. It was in line for a VTEC conversion. But i bought it before the full conversion was started still looks like most of the original pieces are there. No suspension but it did come with a dry rear subframe but it was a Hydrolastic car. Rust free. I plan on making it a fast road mini. Anyone familiar with this car? would like to know where it came from and what happened to get in the state it's in now. Thanks Aaron
    racecar spelled backwards is racecar

Aaron,

If the steel hydro lines, front to back, are good I could use them.

Don

Comment

Aaron, we're having trouble getting help for local cars! I think someone should start keeping track of cars owned by members and even non-members. Umm. That's what I'm working on; however, the list doesn't go back in time.

I seem to remember an OZ car turning up at one of the White Elephants held at George's. Circa 2003? Showed up once never to be seen, again. I remember it as an S, but could be wrong. Ring any bells for anyone else?
      The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Aren't the hydro lines on an OZ S different? Or is it just that they're recessed into the body?
        Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
        1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Working...
        X