What insurance do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What insurance do you use?

Hi. I was wondering what insurance has been working well for all of you. I just picked up and registered my '88 Designer Mini and Farmer's Insurance, who I have another policy with, can't insure it. Being as the VIN number doesn't come up in their system the only way they can insure it is as a show vehicle, and the plan is to use it as a commuter car. Do you have any recommendations?

I have mine insured with Pemco. They didn't have any issues.

I have insured with Hagerty in the past, but I plan on driving this one a lot more.

Comment

Thank you buddylove. I'll check them out right now.

Comment

I had mine insured with Geico and never had a problem with them when I had them. I now have USAA and had to call them to insure it, but never had problems with them insuring it. I will be using them to insure my other one too.
        1971 mini Clubman Turbo
        1991 Black German mini
        2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Very good, and thank you. I'll give the both of them a try too.

Comment

PM sent regarding registration

Comment

Ballard office of Allstate for the daily driver. Hagerty for the rest.
              The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

have my 2 minis at - state farm - for along time
                as classic limited driving together with a reg car and house insurance,.
                never any problem

Comment

have my 2 minis at - state farm - for along time
                  as classic limited driving , together with a reg car and house insurance,.
                  never any problem

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopster View Post
                    Hi. I was wondering what insurance has been working well for all of you. I just picked up and registered my '88 Designer Mini and Farmer's Insurance, who I have another policy with, can't insure it. Being as the VIN number doesn't come up in their system the only way they can insure it is as a show vehicle, and the plan is to use it as a commuter car. Do you have any recommendations?
                    I have my '79 insured by American Collector's Insurance of Cherry Hill, NJ. Full coverage including liability, collision and comprehensive for $115.30 per year. I'm not supposed to drive it more than 2,000 miles a year (which I don't) and it's supposed to be kept in a locked garage (which it is).

Bill in Seattle
                    '79 Austin Mini 1000

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions on insurance. It's a bit of a teaser not being able to be on the road yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X