So I'm backing up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm backing up...

So I'm backing up the drive to my shop when I see a small child enjoying the rain and the puddles. She finds a safe place to stand while her dad and I swap his Jeep for my '75 Mini into the garage. Smart kid. I recognize her as Miss B, someone I've met 3 or 4 times in her 5 years amongst us.

She wanders into the garage wanting to know, of course, what we're up to. I point out the damage to the wheels brought on by scraping curbs and explain that the wheels have to come off to be taken away for repair. "Why is the steering wheel on the other side?" She's 5, and she notices this? I look to her dad with that "have you got her college fund started yet?" question.

While I'm jacking up the Mini Miss B notes that this is just like a sleep over! Ya, we pump up the extra bed with our feet just like that. Glance to dad.

Can she help get the lug nuts off? Sure. She gets started only to find some of the nuts binding. May I use that? She took the 1/2" Snap On ratchet from me and spun those babies off like a pro.

At the end of our afternoon I thanked her for helping, she said I was welcome.

Made my day.

Don

Ahh

Don, ahh , the simple pleasures.
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Like the good father you are, you'll make an awsome Grampa!

some day...
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

wow, that's awesome

Comment

If she'll show up at my place once a week I can put her to work.
          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

with such an interest in automotive, the parents should send to a company they
            offer
            apprenticeship- programs ( perhaps Chuck)
            so she is learning something " real" and dont have to go in debt!!! $$$$!!!! through college and try to learn somthing she don t need.
            Young people need something real to start life

peter

Comment

Working...
            X