My mini accident pics and video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mini accident pics and video

Here is the video of the accident I took with my go pro HD camera. There is some cursing at the end of the video as I was very mad that it happened but also a good song playing on my radio. The incident has been settled and I will be giving my mini to my mom and she is going to restore it and I will be looking for another mini.

http://s313.photobucket.com/albums/l...ni%20accident/

password for video is [email protected]
    http://vimeo.com/38051491
    1971 mini Clubman Turbo
    1991 Black German mini
    2007 Jeep Wrangler

Did you already settle with the insurance company?

Comment

Yes I did settle.
      1971 mini Clubman Turbo
      1991 Black German mini
      2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Hey Chris,
        I'm glad to hear you have worked out a solution, and I'm also glad to hear you have a plan to get another Mini quickly. Welcome your Mom to the world of Mini-ing! Has she had one before?

I really like the video you have put up. I'm curious if my connection isn't working well though as it always stops on it's own at 1 min 35 seconds. I tried to re run it, and then paused it and restarted it in an attempt to get it to run past then. ( admittedly, it was kind of like knowing the end of a movie, but eerie because you didn't know exactly what was coming. And maybe a bit sick in some way cause your mini was going to get crunched! )
        So, maybe I'm glad I didn't get to see the end!

Best of luck in your new Mini adventure!
        MSH
        All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Thanks, yes I will be needing something that has better MPG then my jeep. We will see if my mom gets it dad says no. Looks like it will be sitting in my driveway and I will slowly repair it.

The video stopped for me at 1:11. I just let it load the video completely then played it. I can't watch all the way through. The incident starts at 2:18 when you can see the car come up to a stop sign on the right as I round the corner. All in all at the start of the video you can see I have my lights on and he still pulls out in front of me. But ohh well.
          1971 mini Clubman Turbo
          1991 Black German mini
          2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Not surprised the other driver was in a newer Mercedes - in my experience it seems a sense of entitlement come standard on them..

Comment

Eastgate.

Chris, I'm sad to see your fine English piece of engineering got banged up (and no, I don't think that would really be a basic fix), but I'm glad to hear you're OK and can still curse out a MB driver.
              It took me a while to realize where you were driving, then I saw Eastgate Elm. Then I watched the video again and found that you live in an old friends house I new in the 70's. I lived just up the road on SE 46Th St. Small world.
              Good luck shopping for another Mini, I saw a nice White over red one in Portland.
              It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

That's cool, yeah i've been here for a year now and can't wait to move again now. Yeah it is definitely not going to be basic. I have been looking at a clubman turbo that needs some work out in Oak Harbor, might look at it again this weekend and make an offer. Hoping to get another mini back on the road soon.
                1971 mini Clubman Turbo
                1991 Black German mini
                2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Working...
                X