Destroyed my mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroyed my mini

Well after all the work I have been doing to the mini, I got into an accident this morning. It is a mess well at least the driver side brake rotor will come off now lol. I have video of the accident thanks to the go pro HD camera I have. Well now I need to find a place to take the mini to to have the work done on it. Anyone now a place I can take it to?
    1971 mini Clubman Turbo
    1991 Black German mini
    2007 Jeep Wrangler

You OK?

Don

Comment

Yeah I am ok, I am surprised I am my seat belt broke.
      Anyone have experience with Gunner working on their mini's?
      1971 mini Clubman Turbo
      1991 Black German mini
      2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Ya, a lot of us have had work done by him. He does really good work, for a good price. Glad you are ok! It looks like the insurance company will probably total it out.

Comment

Very sorry to see that photo. As Don asked, I assume that you're OK?

I can highly recommend Gunnar and know my feelings are shared by a number of others in the group.

Comment

Usable parts...

Is the front sub frame still square, as it should be, without damage, and usable? If it is, it could be a fairly simple rebuild. All the suspension, hub, front panel, and front left panel (wing) are basic to reapply. Borrow some tools and a space and do it yourself. Glad to hear you're OK.
            It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Thanks will see what insurance says tomorrow when come out to see it. They have it flagged as might be totaled. I will figure it out tomorrow.
              1971 mini Clubman Turbo
              1991 Black German mini
              2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Damage

I don't know about basic! There is a lot going on there. Insurance adjuster is guaranteed to underestimate or overlook what it will take to repair properly. Adjusters tend to take a very modern / current industry standard approach to get to a final $ number and trust me they will need to be walked through the process of how to make this car right again. I would recommend a qualified classic mini specific person who knows proper fit and finish to be present when the adjuster does his right up on your mini. I helped out during the adjustment process only, of two minis in the last couple years and the insurance companies willingly paid for my time to be there to weigh in. It's in their best interest to do this as it will cost them more in the end having a client that is unsatisfied with the final result. Mainstream Body shops also tend to spin there wheels trying to locate correct parts etc. which leads to long delays and problems between the insurance co and client. I'm very busy at the moment but I would be happy to show up to help adjust an adjuster. Gunnar

Comment

My insurance is sending out an appraiser to look at the car today. I was not going to have the shop that the car is at work on it. I was going to find a place or someone that has worked on classic mini's before do the work on it. I am very picky when it comes to working on my cars, since I have been burned before in the past.
                  1971 mini Clubman Turbo
                  1991 Black German mini
                  2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Mini damage

Tried to send pm. Don't think it went through. Gunnar 206-465-1136

Comment

Hi Chris,
                      I'm really sorry to hear about your crash! I too hope you are okay, and agree that you can trust Gunnar to do good work. Allow me to second the idea of having him there with you for the appraisal.
                      I have a close friend who knows and works with the ins companies, and he has said you need it all verified up front to not get a bunch of time and money wasted later on in the process. As Gunnar has said.
                      Best of luck, and keep us posted.

MSH
                      p.s. If you and your insurance company decide to total, please allow me to work with you on the buyback process as I am interested in buying it un fixxed, and even with a branded / no title. MSH
                      All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

I meet with the appraiser today and he said it will be a few days to figure it all out. In the mean time I will be looking for a way to get the car to my place. All in all I will be keeping the car no matter the out come.
                        1971 mini Clubman Turbo
                        1991 Black German mini
                        2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

The best thing you can do is to have the car moved on to your property as soon as possible. It gives you the best possible leverage with the insurance company and keeps the shop, which has no interest in the car, from playing games.

Good luck,

Kelley
                          If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Chris, I'm tied up til later on Saturday afternoon, but can help move your car if you still need to get it home. Let me know if I can help. Best of luck with the insurance company.
                            Best,
                            MSH
                            All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

My insurance is going to have a tow truck pick up the car later today or early tomorrow and bring it to my place. Thanks though. I will try and get it off the ground and look underneath to see what it looks like before I leave for the weekend. I will take lots of pics and post them. I will probably put them in my photobucket and post the link. I will also post the video of the accident. The other party is at fault and will be responsible for any repairs, just waiting on what the appraiser says about my car.
                              1971 mini Clubman Turbo
                              1991 Black German mini
                              2007 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Working...
                              X