Interesting "1964" Mini Cooper Racer Resto on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting "1964" Mini Cooper Racer Resto on eBay

Up for the groups consideration (and hopefully fun comments..)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini-...-/270867893104

While not to my taste (Honda engine and ricer clues especially), the builder has incorporated some interesting mods and updates.

Looks like nice workmanship and execution. From this old guy's point of view, butt ugly.

Comment

Someone spends $80,000 on it and can't take ten minutes to remove the bonnet trim?

Dan
      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Doesn't seem to be registered, just a title.

I don't recognize the subframe but it sure has a lot of square corners. There are also a few holes cut to let bits of the drive train poke through.

Looks like the firewall crossmember has probably had significant sections removed. It would be interesting to see what they have done where the parcel shelf was originally. They are both structural members.

There is something odd going on where the floors meet the firewall. It looks like the firewall may have been move toward the rear of the car.

I really hate shiny cars with rust and overspray on the undercarriage. Makes me wonder what other shortcuts they took.

It's not a '64.

Cheers,

Kelley
        If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

Yeah, titled as a '64' but obvious a lot newer...

Besides the issues Kelley mentions, what I don't get is this is a "cost no object" job yet plenty of white overspray underneath and a 1/2"+ gap in lower rear window seal when new gaskets cost $30? Doesn't seem to have any side windows (front or rear) either..

Somebody got jipped...

Comment

If by "Interesting" you mean freekishly ugly poor example of what used to be a MK4 mini.....then yes ...interesting
            "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
            ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
            '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
            '60 Morris Van - Marvan
            '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Don't hold back James, Tell us you're really thinking!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

I try not to, Tim ....mmm let's see..I like the color combo.
                "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
                ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
                '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
                '60 Morris Van - Marvan
                '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Me too.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

While I also like the color combo, I'll just say I'm 'not sure' about a number of the other mods..

Comment

Working...
                    X