White Elephant Sale Accommodations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Elephant Sale Accommodations

There is an old Grange / dance hall that has been a preschool and a church lately at the end of my block, 9204 11th Ave NW 98117. The pastor who is the current renter showed me two large rooms, either of which is as large or larger than George's garage. There is a good sized parking lot and covered outside space where we could set up a grill if desired. There are also plenty of chairs and tables and modest kitchen facilities.

The space is available on January 28th, in fact we are penciled in at this point. I have spoken with Tim and Chuck about the venue and they thought it sounded like a good fit. Technically, there is no charge for the use of the building but we should make a donation, say $100, for upkeep and wear and tear.

If there are no major objections I will post this to the Meetings and Events section of the website for the January meeting and White Elephant sale.

Please post your questions and comments.

Kelley
    If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

It's OK with me. Probably has everything we need. It appears to have about 15 parking spaces, but I'm sure we could fit more cars here and there around the edges.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Looks good to me. There appears to be street parking in the front and on the side as well, so I don't think parking will be too much of an issue.

Comment

Hi,
        I think that this is Great! the price is right for sure. Thanks for going to the effort to set it up with the pastor, Kelley.

I'll volunteer to help with set up.

Best regards,
        MSH
        All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Thanks for the offer, Mark. We will need volunteers for setup and, more importantly, clean up at the end of the day. There will be the usual garbage detail and in addition returning the chairs and tables and probably some light vacuuming.

Kelley
          If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

The venue sounds great! Now all we need is a Smart Ass MC. Is George Thompson available?

Don

Comment

and if not, what are you doing on January 28th... Don?
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

This venue sounds good to me too and I'm sure that George and his garage will appreciate the break. I can't wait to hear Don MC this program.
                Jerry C
                Jerry C
                "You drive...I think there's something wrong with me"

Comment

Rest assured Jerry, your wait will be a long one.

I'm what's known as a "Wiseacre", we need a Smart Ass to MC.

Don

Comment

Working...
                  X