East Meets West 1984

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Meets West 1984

Bert Lobberegt loaned me his master copy of the video he shot at the 1984, first "national" Mini Meet held in Denver, Colorado. Between the two of us, we're going to see if we can transfer it to DVD.

It has been years since I last watched this. (My copy seems to have disappeared.) I did watch it today. Great fun and it brought back lots of memories.

I've also been looking at lots of photos from the two Mini Meets this year.

The most obvious observation was that everyone in 1984 sure looked younger...and skinnier! The population of Mini Meet goers has sure changed. Oh, and most of the cars in 1984 drove there.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

East Meets West 1984

Hey there,

Thought I'd pay dues, join up and be able to reMINIse too. I think medium T-shirts were a loose fit on me in 1984. Shuko and I were living in Chicago and we drove out for the East-West Meet in her 850 with another Mini's In Northern Illinois club member, Tom Gray. I can't say I recall meeting any of the Seattle club members - that also might be age related - but many later remembered Shuko and I because we were selling the wind-up Mini toys that were a big hit. It payed our way.

I'd love to have a DVD copy if you make the transfer. If you bought one of the wind-up Minis from me in 1984, I'll give you your $5 back for a DVD

Gregg

Comment

Hey, I bought one or two! That was the first time I had seen the "pull-back" wind up Minis. Bet I still have them around here. Bert's video has a short spot showing a bunch of the wind ups on top of a Mini. Bet Shuko is in the shot.
      The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Good enough for me. I'll set aside $10 towards reproduction costs. - Gregg

Comment

Working...
        X