Cartoons vs. cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartoons vs. cars

I had a revelation at Mini Meet. There are people who like cars and there are people who like cartoons. People who prefer cartoons -- and a number of Bini owners fall into this category -- can be perceived as a threat by those who take their cars seriously. Mini owners who choose to dance on the thin line between car and cartoon seem to get a little more slack from other owners, but warily.

Although it's the kind of issue that's probably best discussed at one of our late-night, beer-in-hand parking lot tech sessions, I dropped it on Mike Smith over breakfast one morning, and I've been mulling it over since then. I may even have asked myself if my concerns are exaggerated. Something I saw today at Pacific Raceways told me I'm on the right track.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

This kind of c#%p is for insecure people just looking for more attention.....not "car" people
    It reminds me of the little girl that dresses the family dog in doll cloths before going for a walk....that's fine when your six....but in my opinion has no business on car owned by an adult!
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by James T View Post
      This kind of c#%p is for insecure people just looking for more attention.....not "car" people
      It reminds me of the little girl that dresses the family dog in doll cloths before going for a walk....that's fine when your six....but in my opinion has no business on car owned by an adult!
      James, don't hold back... tell us how you really feel!
      Happy Mini-ing...Mike

Comment

The *** MINI always struck me as a cartoon of the original so this thread really seems fitting.

Kelley
        If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

What would complete this picture is lipstick.

Comment

James is exactly right AFAIAC... The same kind of people carry their dogs around in public..

Comment

Comments reserved

I reserve my comments for a Tech session. There will be a two beer comment vs three beer comment made during the meeting.

Greg

Comment

Working...
              X