• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twenex
    I'm not hiding
    • Jan 2008

Was just 1, then 2 .. now 3 mini cars

I've noticed one of the cars and now the cars for some time now. Someone really likes this particular car. I told Chuck they were Elves, but I'm probably wrong. I took a photo but didn't get closer for a look. Anyone in our club?

• 850cc
    850cc
    • Jun 2010

Hillman Imps!

Comment

• Dixminion
      Dixminion
      • Dec 2007

On 8th NW! In Ballard!

Comment

• skip
        • Dec 2007

I've always thought that the Hillman Imp had a Corvair-ish look to it from the front and front 3/4 profile. Sort of a caricature if you will. Worked with a guy up at Boeing Fredrickson who had 3 of them himself somewhere out in Grahm I think.
        Skip

Comment

• twenex
          I'm not hiding
          • Jan 2008

Elf, Imp! I was close but still way off... Neat little cars and great to see a pride of them. Those are rear engine, right?
          Last edited by twenex; 06-13-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• BIGSHOT
            Runnin' with the herd
            • Dec 2007

Yup. Rear engine. Designed to be the Mini-killer, but never quite measured up. I think Tom Springer had one for a while. They could be pretty racy, but breakable.

Dan
            Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

• pigpen
              • Dec 2007

The man who owns the Imps is Alan Peterson...a great soul. The white car in the center of the pic is for sale.
              As Dan mentioned, I had an Imp, Sunbeam in the US. It was the best handling car I've driven. My car had some questionable mods...electric water pump and fan, that couldn't keep the modified engine cool. It blew its guts all over 405 on the way to the ABFM in 2005 or so.
              Alan has run a string of successful racers through SOVERN over the years.
              Cool, unusual cars.
              Tom
              My Mini is plastic.

Comment

Working...
              X