Things to do in Germany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in Germany?

Well everyone I some how find myself in Germany for the next 20 days. I planning on going to all the auto factories and museums but is there anything mini related here that I should do? I been here for a day and I don't know if I'm going to be able to leave this place.

Chase

P.S. I will be drinking some great German for all of you. One for every person in the club. Not all at once but I think I can spreed it out enough were I can drink one for everyone before I come home.

Chase, I'm not sure about Mini-related sites there, but I can tell you that about a six-pack a day will cover all the active members, with a few guests thrown in for good measure.

Dan
    Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Nurburgring!
      Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
      1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

Oh, yeah, Ed. Good idea. You can drive a lap for 16 euros, or be taxied (up to three or four people, I think) around it at speed for 180 euros.

Dan
        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Don't forget to take your SAMOA mug for Mug Shots!
          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

I looked into Nurburgring before I came over here and I think that they are closed for that type of thing until March. I could be wrong and will look more into it for sure. I would love to rent a race car and drive it myself.

Comment

Where about in Germany are you?
              I spent 2 years in Bad Kreuznach, ~60 mi west of Frankfurt. It's a nice wine making region. There are a slew of castles along the Rhine in that area. A nice river cruise will see alot them. German girls are nice if you are not already spoken for.

If you are further north, I believe that Peter is from the Duseldorf area. He could help.
              Mark Gnagy

Comment

chase,
                when are you leaving?? I m from hamburg, nothern germany,
                I can check today, if there are any mini related meetings shows
                etc. but i doubt it. this time of the year.....
                Peter

Comment

good grief! i feel like such a loser when i hear about all the world/mini travel you all do! bring back lots of pics and if you get too bored, maybe a new car too!
                  Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I'm Stuttgart until the 12th but will be traveling around to see all the car factorys as I can. No new car for now, I have to sell two mini's before I think of that.

Comment

Get away from the large cities, with the exception of Munich, which is a great place. Head south into Bavaria. I spent 3+ years in Bad Tolz and wish that I had never left.

Comment

+1 for Munich

Have an Augustiener (sp?) for me!
                        "This one goes to eleven."

Comment

Working...
                        X