X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential New Mini Movie?

I received the following today:

Greetings,
    I’m an executive producer at Colorful Films and I’d like to tell you about a feature film project in which your MINI association members may be interested. Legends of Madagascar is a road movie with the same spirit as Goodbye Pork Pie, which also features a 1992 MINI British Open Classic.

At the start of the film, a college student in the capital of Madagascar finds out his father is deathly ill in his home village in the far south of the country, so he and three other friends jump in the MINI and head south on a few days’ long trip into the deep countryside. Not only does the MINI ferry the friends on what turns out to be the journey of a lifetime, but the car will be filmed among some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, a rugged Madagascar landscape with baobab trees, rice fields, forests and peasant villages, a lot of which has never before been captured for the big screen.

Our crew is attempting to build an audience and raise production capital for the project through facebook and indiegogo. We hope that you can help us spread the word about the project by posting the following link (www.legendsofmadagascar.com) on your website and newsletter so that any potentially interested members could support the project if they wished.

If you have any questions or comments you may contact me at the phone or email address below, or from the “contact us” page on the website.

Thank you, and have a great day!
    Cynthia Elzy
    312-526-3000
    [email protected]
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

I wonder if this 1992 "MINI" will also be taken apart en route to finance the trip like it was in Goodbye Pork Pie...

While on the subject, Goodbye Pork Pie on DVD (although still only available as region 2) has dropped from $90 to $40 on Amazon.
    Always British Racing Green

Comment

Working...
    X