Road Trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip!

Many of you know my buddy Mark Adler as the driver of the award winning MG TF. Get used to his wife Annette as the driver of the award winning MGC GT. MGC as in it has the six. GT as in it has the waggony fastback body instead of the convertable. GT as in Grand Touring I'll tell you what. Thirty thousand original miles on an unmolested 1969 MG.
    Mark and I flew to Minneapolis on Tuesday the 31st to pick up this gem. Drove it to Portland for the ABFM via Bismarck, Dickinson, Billings, Butte, Missoula, Lewiston, and Hermiston. Fan belt replaced due to failure while still in Minnesota, 20 min. Loss of fuel delivery promted a filter change outside of Billings. NAPA was open for another 3 min so we bought both 1/4" and a 5/16" inline filters to cover suspected needs. Back on the road in 20 min. The filter change gave the old SU fuel pump the oppourtunity to get us close to Butte where it finally gave up. Coasting to a stop in the middle of nowhere at night is never any fun but I noticed that the side roads were all downhill to the local gassup. A very flat, well lit, spot awaited us for the 60 min exchange of fuel pumps.
    The high point of the DRIVE was Hwy 12 in Idaho, Lolo pass. Incredable road with the big six there to provide some excitement, then to slow one down under compression when needed and then some awesome disc brakes to help when REALLY needed. An experience I'll never forget. Thanks Annette!

Don

The MGC took 2nd in class (MG sixes and V-8s) at Portland
Working...
X