1966 Morris Cooper S update 6/17/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Morris Cooper S update 6/17/10

So, it has been a while since I posted some pictures. Part of the reason is the 3 image limit per post on our forum.

So, here goes - pictures posted in sets of 3. Gunnar has done a great job.

Last edited by mmalleck; 06-17-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Comment

Welder's signature? This type of thing was on a quarter panel as well. Toog? Foog?

Flipped, it looks like "Coop"...

Comment

Boot lid. I really like how this turned out. I think there were about 40 rust holes and now it looks like new.
          Gunnar pried back the lip of the skin so the rust could get blasted out, then tapped it back down.

Last edited by mmalleck; 06-17-2010, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Comment

Bonnet - even though it is new, it required a ton of work to get into this shape.

Comment

Left

Right

Left

Comment

Right

Comment

Comment

Finally, here is a link to my Photobucket album: http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Cooper%20S/

There are 455 photos of restoration progress.

Pictures of the bootlid badge holes with measurements. I'm pretty sure this is an original boot lid, so I posted measurements on the holes.

61 Aussie door take apart pictures. Mainly for my reference, but they're there.

21 Aussie license plate bracket pictures.

8 images of the Aussie Cooper S fuel pump vent. Pretty rare part and I've seen few pictures of it.

141 before pictures.

Comment

Geez, everything looks beautiful, Mark. It's very impressive.

Dan

P.S. I'm sure it's only coincidence, but "toog" is Dutch for "bar" -- a place where you drink beer.
                        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by BIGSHOT View Post
                          Geez, everything looks beautiful, Mark. It's very impressive.

Dan

P.S. I'm sure it's only coincidence, but "toog" is Dutch for "bar" -- a place where you drink beer.
                          I was worried that it was slang for something worse in Australia, but the Ausmini forum would have let me know in about 2 seconds. It was one of the Aussies that flipped the image around.

Comment

[QUOTE=mmalleck;5827]Welder's signature? This type of thing was on a quarter panel as well. Toog? Foog?

Turn it over again... spells goof... otherwise known as a reject, untill you and Gunnar got ahold of it.
                            Nice work.

Don

Comment

Well, it certainly had seen better days. It was someone's daily beater.

The repairs over the years were done poorly, but I have seen much worse. I'm watching a restoration on the Aussie forum titled "World's slowest Cooper S rebuild". Really rusty and beat up, but was unrestored original and the owner posted some good pictures. He was also helpful with some measurements and questions.

Australian Mini owners are an interesting lot. They'll play these games with me like "I Spy" something wrong with your car and make you guess and research some little detail. Some hole that should or shouldn't be there, etc. Other times they'll be forthcoming with tons of information.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X