Portland Auto Jumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Auto Jumble

Last night Nora, Carmen, Ian and myself stayed about 3 blocks from the Portland Auto Jumble site, Montgomery Park car park. Right at the stroke of 9 am this morning we entered the event to find a great showing of fine English motoring examples. MG's by the dozen, a few Jags, an Austin Healey or 2, a gaggle of Triumphs, and our favorite little British cars of them all,.....Minis. I did find one dealer with some Mini parts and purchased a fine grille, a 1962 Morris steering wheel, and a random bag of bushings (poly and black rubber) to fit the ol' Countryman all for only $80!
    So here are some snaps of the event. The purple trimmed Mini was interesting. SANY1028.JPG

SANY1022.JPG

SANY1014.JPG

SANY1007.JPG

SANY1010.JPG
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

More Portland Auto Jumble snaps.

Just a couple more.......who can name the green Sedan.SANY1016.JPG

SANY1024.JPG

SANY1027.JPG

SANY1018.JPG

SANY1008.JPG

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos, Carl. This is the first time I've seen images from the Auto Jumble. I hope you don't mind if I snag a couple of them for the newsletter.

And it's a Cortina.

Dan
      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Pix

Use whatever pictures you want for the newsletter Dan. More than happy to supply pictures from any event we go to. Cortina indeed, we had a lime green one in Australia when I was a kid.

Comment

And a Triumph Herald (the black one).

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I rubbed elbows with a Triumph Vitesse and a Triumph Sports Six in my time. Both Herald based six cylinder models. Both on my "gotta have a rag top" bucket list.

Don

Comment

i tried to buy a harold way back in high school. "nah. gonna fix it up myself someday". last time i saw it, the forest had actually started to grow up through the floor pans! there was an actual tree growing up through it! so sad!!
              Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

My very first car was a 1964 Triumph Herald 1200 convertible. Bought the car when I was 13 and drove it home from one end of Bellevue to the other. Great car. Still have a habit of looking at them. Other car I had was an exact copy of the white 1970 MGBGT. Same color Glacier white with the same strange mirror on the front fender and the beauty rings. If it was not for the Oregon plate I would assume it was the same car. Both of these cars bring back a lot of great memories.

Comment

i'm a heretic. my first car was a 66 mustang coupe. 289. auto. vinyl top. loved that car. if my sister hadn't sold it out from under me to make a house payment, i'd probably still be driving it, and i'd be part of the mustang club instead of the mini club.
                  Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Working...
                  X