Powder Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder Coating

I'm looking into getting my wheels powder coated, have any referrals?

Thanks,
    Priscilla

Hi, I've heard good things about fosters in Renton. They have a good reputation for repairing pranged wheels, but I don't know who they're powdercoater is. I do know that Chuck has one of their cards in the free pile at the meetings.
    Good luck!
    MSH
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

I've used American Powder Coating in Auburn. They coated my subframes, the door panels in my old blue car, my BWA wheels, and a number of other little parts. Their cash-and-carry prices are pretty reasonable.

And they're just around the corner from a sand-blasting shop, so my wheels got cleaned up and coated in quick succession.

Dan
      Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

I'll give both a jingle. Thanks guys!!

Comment

Powder coat booth at Greenwood Car Show

There was a booth at last year's Greenwood Car Show. I don't remember the name, but they had a very impressive assortment of examples of their capabilities on the table. If not to late for you timing, look for them there next month.

George

Comment

Thanks George.

Northwest Powder Coating quoted me $240 for the set which includes sand blasting.

Bulldog Powder Coating had the next best price of $250.

Comment

I've used Pacific Performance Coatings in Everett. Two 10" steel wheels, sandblasted and powdercoated, $50 for the pair.

2815 West Marine Drive
              Everett, Wa. 98201
              425 339 5528

Don

Comment

I picked up my wheels this past Monday from Powder Coating Systems in Tacoma. I have to say, considering the condition they were in when I dropped them off, they look better then I expected. Sorry I don’t have any close up before photo’s, I do have the after!!

DSCN0435.1.JPG

I was also informed I was under charged by $15, oh well, what's a girl to do? Pay what I was quoted!!

Priscilla.

Comment

They look good

Comment

Really Sweet, Priscilla! This beauty almost makes you have to buy new lug nuts and center caps!

Looking forward to seeing them on your rag top,

Best regards,
                    MSH
                    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

When you have the tires mounted and balanced, ask them to use lead tape on the inner surface of the wheels. That way the nasty old lead weights arent' be visible.

Comment

those are gonna look so good! but i do wonder what the gloss would have looked like if that's semi-gloss.
                        Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Jerry,
                          I didn't see your post and yes the NASTY lead weights are visibile. Darn it!!

Dave,
                          Unfortunately there was a glare when I snapped my photo, they are semi gloss and yes the gloss they had was too shinny for me.

Comment

Lead weights! That's why Group 2 does any mounting and balancing of my mag-type wheels.
                            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Yeah, but you have to watch those guys at Group 2. I caught them trying to get away with putting no weights at all on one of my wheels. Even after I demanded weights they refused! Some outfit.

Don

Comment

Working...
                              X