Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate rear doors

Hey guys,

I've got a buddy in southern Washington that has a clubman estate that just got rear ended does any body have a pair of the barn door style doors?

Thanks
    Justin

Hi!
    I would suggest new, but buy direct from the UK (someone please chime in with the link or details for that great sheet metal group through ?Huddesford Mini spares?) when you get one of the many weekend sale emails they'll send.
    Try to see if they will ship by mail instead of courier and you may save a pretty penny on the ft and the customs and duties.
    The reason I say go new is that many of the doors you'd find are so rusty on the inside that your savings aren't real once you fight all of the inner rust and do a reskin.
    Also, I heard once that you should hang new or reskinned doors on the car and very carefully get alignment correct. Then, pull it all apart and do all of your coating steps.
    Hth,
    MSH
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Hi!
      I would suggest new, but buy direct from the UK (someone please chime in with the link or details for that great sheet metal group through ?Huddesford Mini spares?) when you get one of the many weekend sale emails they'll send.
      Try to see if they will ship by mail instead of courier and you may save a pretty penny on the ft and the customs and duties.
      The reason I say go new is that many of the doors you'd find are so rusty on the inside that your savings aren't real once you fight all of the inner rust and do a reskin.
      Also, I heard once that you should hang new or reskinned doors on the car and very carefully get alignment correct. Then, pull it all apart and do all of your coating steps.
      Hth,
      MSH
      Thanks for the info mark, ill pass it along to my friend. Just thought id check on here first before ordering anything for the UK, hoping to save on the shipping costs!

Comment

British Motor Heritage Limited has the doors you are looking for.....but they are not cheap (245 pounds each!), but (again) their material is heavier than the original factory parts.
        It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Former member John Elmgren called me. He noticed your "wanted" posting and called me to let me know he has two good rear doors. He's on Camano Island, now, I beleive. If you're interested, email me and I can give you his number.
          The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheleker View Post
            Former member John Elmgren called me. He noticed your "wanted" posting and called me to let me know he has two good rear doors. He's on Camano Island, now, I beleive. If you're interested, email me and I can give you his number.
            Pm sent!

Comment

Looking for an email. Not rec'd!
              Looked for the PM. Not rec'd!

Comment

PM rec'd. Information to contact John sent.

Comment

Working...
                X