Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveB
    replied
    i have a clean mark 1 shell that i think gunnar is going to have a friend buy from me, and i need a title for it. anyone got a title from one of their rusting wrecks i can get for the guy? or can i refer him or gunnar to you? i'd be willing to help haul off the scrap shell if need be. the other guy may offer cash.

i'll also post this on another thread

Leave a comment:

• Nimbits
    replied
    Don,
    What I would need is the roof with the gutter so I can remove everything all the way to the roof flange so that it then could be welded back onto a car. With the roof cut 1/2 in above the gutter there is to much stitch welding and plastic work.
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• Dixminion
    replied
    So Tim, You're saying that if a Mini roof is removed a half inch above the gutter the top part no longer exists? Not so! It becomes a giant saucer for sliding down snowy hillsides.

I'll post some photos this weekend.
    Don

Leave a comment:

• Birdsoup
    replied
    Wow, that really stirred things up. Looks like Chase, Tim, and I can split Dons shell? James, you may be closer to me, you worked on my carbs a few months ago in Edgewood. I'd feel better cutting up the worst of the worst. Which shell is the worst?

I'm Brian Campbells brothernlaw. As some of you know Brian engineered and hand builds a subframe for installing Honda engines. One of the biggest hurdles for the conversion is the Honda intake manifolds, hitting the firewalls. So we want to use a firewall as a jig to engineer a solution.

Thanks
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• Nimbits
    replied
    Don,
    So if the roof was cut off about a half inch above the gutter... wouldn't that make it gone?
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• Dixminion
    replied
    Now that we've thoroughly drifted Tom's posting I've started a new one under For Sale. Dismantle that '76. See you there! Don

Leave a comment:

• Dixminion
    replied
    Tim, The top I have was torched off about 1/2" above the gutter, also to replace a sunroofed top. Any use to you? Don

Leave a comment:

• Nimbits
    replied
    The roof that I need is for my 1966 S mk 1. The roof that is there has a folding soft top and thats not what I want, Tell me what you need for it.
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• James T
    replied
    Tim,
    what year is the car that you are working on? I have an eary MkIII and a MKI that are both rust buckets except the roofs, that I will be eventually be scrapping.

Leave a comment:

• Nimbits
    replied
    I do have a roof cut through the post that is for a later mini. Rear side glass doesn't line up. If I had a different one that I could de-skin from the bottem up so all I am working with is a skin then I wouldn't mess the one I already have should some one else need it.
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• James T
    replied
    Tim,
    Do you need a roof?

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Can I still have those very old dibs on the bonnet? I know I need to get together with you, Don, So I'll be calling you soon.
    Best regards,
    MSH
    - - - as they all came out of the woodwork for parts !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nimbits
    replied
    Don,
    What are you doing with the roof?
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• Dixminion
    replied
    Not to worry Chase, You needed the rear half, Tom seems to want the front. Don

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I thought I had dibs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X