Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB, early stamped style of grill ( MK1 ? )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB, early stamped style of grill ( MK1 ? )

Hello,
    I've had a special request from a friend in Kansas who wishes to buy one or two of the special stamped style grill in either chrome or painted metal. I don't know the best description, but if you have one, you know what it is. Here is an example photo
    Thanks for your viewing this and please let me know.

Best,
    MSH
    Attached Files
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

As fitted to Mk I Morris saloons (non-Cooper or S), and, to my knowledge, never reproduced.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

I've got one Mark but it'll be this weekend before I can get to it to check condition. I'll let you know.

Don

Comment

Mark, pretty sure I've got one, too, if Don's doesn't fit the bill. Mine might need a bit of love, I think. Hopefully Don's is in better shape.

Comment

I needed an excuse to get out of the office today so here's what I've got.

Overall very good condition. No rust through or tears. Needs a couple hours of tweaking the fins into alignment.

The backside.

The upper edge of the bonnet latch opening has been flattened, will need some work to bring it to original condition, if desired.

How does this compare to yours Chad?

Don

Comment

I just took a look at mine, and yours is in better shape, Don. Mine's not too bad, but is missing 1 fin.

Mark, since your friend is possibly interested in a couple grills, I'll post a photo of mine later.

Comment

Excellent, thanks! Keep them coming. If it's okay with you, I'm going to give your em contact info directly to Rod in KS. Is that okay with both of you?
              THANKS ALOT!
              Best,
              MSH
              All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Giving my contact info to Rod is fine with me.

Don

Comment

Sorry Mark, I've got a nice straight one .....but as Carlton Heston would say .."From my cold," well you know the rest Not sure how many times I'd have to get another one. Good luck with the search!
                  "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
                  ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
                  '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
                  '60 Morris Van - Marvan
                  '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Working...
                  X