X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• van headliner frame? rear van seat?

hi,
    cleaning up the disco glitter van...

looking for a van headliner frame (67 Morris) or suggestions on how to make one.

anyone ever added a rear seat to a van? looks like there used to be an option to add a rear seat, but not sure how it worked without cutting out some of floor.

thanks
    -cliff

Seattle WA 98103

1967 Austin Cooper S
    1967 Morris Mini Disco-Van
    1972 2002 Tii "LIMONE"
    2012 BINI Countryman S All4

2013 Ducati Multistrada S
    1967 Triumph Bonneville
    1981 R80 G/S PD

If it is a true van...the rear headliner frame will not work. I have a rear wagon frame i would be willing to sell (you may be ablt to modify it). I think the plans for the back seat involved cutting the fwd area of the floor out
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

actually looking for the front van headliner frame. since i mostly use my van for carrying stuff around, would probably destroy a rear headliner in short order.
      -cliff

Seattle WA 98103

1967 Austin Cooper S
      1972 2002 Tii "LIMONE"

1967 Triumph Bonneville
      1981 R80 G/S PD

Comment

Oh ok...let me look tonight when I get home...I may have one.
        '60 Morris Van - Marvan

Comment

Rear seat option: (1) Chrysler mini-van rear seat. (2) Ford Aeerostar mini-van rear seat.
          Some of the Hot Rod guys use these seats in Model T & A pick up's and coupes, if you've ever rode in either they make a Mini look spacious!
          Both types bolt to subframes (way too tall for a Mini), not sure how it would mount for your application. Size is about right and some fold down too. Worth a measure and look-see.
          Skip

Comment

Originally posted by skip View Post
            Rear seat option: (1) Chrysler mini-van rear seat. (2) Ford Aeerostar mini-van rear seat.
            Some of the Hot Rod guys use these seats in Model T & A pick up's and coupes, if you've ever rode in either they make a Mini look spacious!
            Both types bolt to subframes (way too tall for a Mini), not sure how it would mount for your application. Size is about right and some fold down too. Worth a measure and look-see.
            hoping to find a Mini rear seat, but sounds like worth doing some measuring. thanks!
            -cliff

Seattle WA 98103

1967 Austin Cooper S
            1972 2002 Tii "LIMONE"

1967 Triumph Bonneville
            1981 R80 G/S PD

Comment

Hi,
              I've looked at this too. You are welcome to measure, photograph, whatever info gathering you'd like to do on my partial headliner. My van is a 76. I agree about adding a rear headliner, it could get damaged quickly.
              On the rear seat, definitely consider the folding 3rd row out of mini vans. My project is a very nice DaimlerChrysler/Idunno 3rd row seat, and the cool thing is that the seat itself is easily removed from the HUGE stock subframe that they used to elevate/secure it.
              BUT, it will require cutting the van floor, and that's the part I can't get over. If you want a seat back there for someone with no legs, or kids with very short legs, then drill the holes for mounting where you'd like, and your off and running. Feel free to email or phone to discuss, as I'd like to get your take on your project plan.
              Best regards,
              MSH
              All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Don't forget that there's also a battery and a spare wheel to relocate if you put a rear seat in.
                The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Took a look up in my shop. Turns out the only front headliner I have left is the one for my van, Sorry.
                  '60 Morris Van - Marvan

Comment

thanks for checking. how hard do you think it would be to mod a standard frame or make one from some aluminum stock? would be nice to make one that would take the readymade van headliners.

re back seat, i also considered putting in something like a removable single tractor type seat (or reclining mini) for behind driver and making a removable cutout for a footwell to keep full flatbed for hauling. Of course, it would be cool if the collapsed seat could drop into footwell. This would save some of the relocation issues and still add another seat. In the end, I may also be too chicken to cut up the floor.
                    -cliff

Seattle WA 98103

1967 Austin Cooper S
                    1972 2002 Tii "LIMONE"

1967 Triumph Bonneville
                    1981 R80 G/S PD

Comment

Working...
                    X