A small part, or four.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small part, or four.

I have added 10" wheels to my cars capacity, and put some Mk I Cosmic, 4" wheels (and Pirelli tyres) on 'Oliver'. Now I need some centre caps for the Cosmic wheels, and in the near future a set of good tyres to match. If anyone has any of the above mentioned items, I would be interested in a trade or cash for said items. Thanks, Carl.
    Attached Files
    It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Carl,
    Thode are Cosmic RW 10 wheels. They predate what is known as the Mk1 Cosmic. There are many early Cosmics, pre Mk2, that have all been lumped under the Mk1 banner. Wheel caps are likewise numerous. There was a company in the UK making repo caps for mthe RW 10 wheels. I haven't seen them on eBay for a while, however. The repo black caps will work, but they are flimsy. I've got several different variations of the early caps in tin, alloy, and plastic. Chck eBay UK or ask on the Mk1 Performance conversions website.
    Also, when you put new tires on the car, strip the wheels to their natural beauty!
    My Mini is plastic.

Comment

Beauty??? What Beauty? Oh yeah... and do you need me to come over and show you how to lower your car?

Comment

Carl, with black wheels, Oliver is actually looking kinda 'Nascar'... (ducking...)

Comment

Hey Carl! Would you happen to have some spare 12's? I need some for the '75.

Don

Comment

sinister.....

I think wee 'Oliver' looks a bit sinister with black wheels. Pigpen, do you mean highlight the the trim of the wheels (as they were stock?), because they don't look so hot stripped to the bone, aluminium.
            Don, I have two of the 12's I took off 'Oliver' that are kind of usable you could have. They are of the Nankang variety. But the warranty is all used up!

Lower the car, I may need some help, with the adjustables......thanks.
            It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Thanks Carl,
              I think I'll spring for matching Falkens, new.

Don

Comment

Yup, strip 'em bare. Old wheels, old wheel look. People will look twice because they won't know what they are. You want sinister? Lower the snot out of it!
                My Mini is plastic.

Comment

Working...
                X