Austin America parts car on craigslist $150 in Aberdeen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin America parts car on craigslist $150 in Aberdeen

Just found on craigslist -- surely someone wants this?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/1200980423.html

this 71 austin has been sitting for many years. it is extemely rusty, thats why its so cheep. it is complete and ran and drove fine when parked. it has 12,000 miles on it. it has front disc brakes, automatic fwd transaxle, 4 cyl. engine, and is a poor man's mini cooper so im told. has nice looking black front bucket seats, all the hubcaps are on it, sorry no pics right now, but the car's days are very numbered!, im planning on scrappiing the car the day after tomarrow. i will take some parts off it first though. it has all good glass except the windsheild, and it has a cool steering wheel. i will sell parts off the car, you can pay me the 150 and take whatever you want and leave the car or bring the trailer and take it away. i will help load. i do have a junk vehicle verification for it also. possible delivery avail, asking 150 obo. call 360 288 2618 or 360 580 5764 thanks, josh

Very few Mini parts on an ADO16, unfortunately. A few electrical parts carry over. The brakes do not fit a Mini. The power unit would fit a Mini, but being (1) old and (2) an automatic I might be interested if (1) it was delivered to me and (2) he paid me to take it off his hands!
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Hi Josh / Shane,
      I would like the complete powertrain assembly. But, I can't get to aberdeen to take it all out before you wreck it. If, by chance, you don't get rid of it quickly, will you please re- post so that we can work something out?

Best of luck with your sale, and,
      Best regards,
      MSH
      All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

I was thinking someone would want it for the 1275cc engine. I had missed the "automatic transaxle" part of the description until just now. That changes things. Oh well. As I recall, this automatic is not particularly well-suited to a Mini, even if someone wants an automatic Mini. This would mean swapping out the transmission. Doesn't the automatic block have something different about it...a passage that needs to be blocked or something -- before a manual transmission can be fitted?

'Ran fine when parked" and 12K miles sounds like it could be a sweet little engine for someone, but if it's been sitting for years in Aberdeen, the engine may even be frozen.

But come on -- as the guy says, it's only $150 for "a poor man's Mini Cooper"!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Hi Josh / Shane,
          I would like the complete powertrain assembly. But, I can't get to aberdeen to take it all out before you wreck it. If, by chance, you don't get rid of it quickly, will you please re- post so that we can work something out?

Best of luck with your sale, and,
          Best regards,
          MSH
          Hey Mark-
          I have nothing to do with the car -- I just noticed it on craigslist. You'd need to call/email that Josh guy out in Aberdeen.

--Shane

Comment

Thanks Shane, Will do.
            Best regards,
            MSH

Comment

Hello,

Does anyone know if the engine is still available? I will be putting a 1969 AA together that may need a auto motor.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

I don't know the disposition of this car yet, but was under the impression that Chase had talked to the guy about saving the motor. Maybe pm him. Theoretically, the head might have some value. But I'm not sure about the whole lump. Apparently, the rust was severe on it, as well as the body of the car.
                Good luck, and,
                Best regards,
                MSH

Comment

Thanks for that info Mark maybe Chase might chime in on this later. I'm getting this AA for next to nothing but have to pick it up in Oregon and won't know about the engine condition until I have a chance to look at it.
                  It would be nice to have a spare just in case.

And I thought my rescuing days were over!

Steve

Comment

Hey Steve,
                    One MIGHT say that the LBC rescue can never really be over! HAHA
                    Kind of a mini preservation society of some kind, ehh?

Best of luck, and
                    Best regards,
                    MSH

Comment

Steve,
                      I may have an enging for you if needed.
                      "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
                      ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
                      '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
                      '60 Morris Van - Marvan
                      '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

For a second there, James, you sounded just like Popeye.

"I may have an enging for you."

Dan
                        Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Hey Mark,

So true my friend!

Steve

Comment

Hey thanks James T. I will let you know if this one is toast!

Just tell Dan "I am what I am and that's what I am"

Ha Ha!

Comment

Working...
                            X