heavy metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy metal

i have two 1100 blocks, an 1100 head, and an 1100 crank to get rid of.

i also have a couple 998 blocks to get rid of. they're goin' to the scrap yard for metal if i don't hear from anyone soon.

(like i might wait until monday night before i load them for the scrap yard on tuesday morn)

although, the cranks i have will probably go to kelly for blacksmithing stock if no one else chimes in.

dave 253 905-3472
    Bother free is the way to be- Winnie the Pooh

Which 1100 head? (Casting number.)
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

I'd be interested in the head if it's a 12G940.
      Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
      1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

What condition is the 1100 crank? If it can be salvaged, I'll take it off your hands.

Comment

A or A+ 998 blocks?
          Tom
          My Mini is plastic.

Comment

The blocks would be A, and the head you're looking for, Ed is 12G295 (or 206).

Comment

Sheesh, I knew that. Where the heck did 12G940 come from? Thanks Chuck for catching that.
              Ed

1972 Austin 1300GT - Mean Mr. Mustard
              1963 Riley Elf MkII - Baba O

Comment

12G940 = 1275 head.
                You need to get you head(s) straight.

Comment

i've got the 12g295 head, and a 206, but i was going to hold onto those for a bit. i'll get the 1100 head number tomorrow. seems i don't have as much time to get to the recycler as i thought. i really do need to get this done, but i'll check first.

jerry, the crank is yours, and you can figure out if it's salvagable. i'll pm you later this week and we'll find a time for me to drop it by your house. (or you can swing by the pool at stadium and i'll have it there for you)

Comment

and tom, i'll dbl. check the blocks, but i don't think any are A blocks. (unless ALL 998 blocks are A blocks-any thing i should look for chuck?)

Comment

Dave, I think if I remember, all of your 998 blocks are A, no A+. A+ will have the thick rib like bumps and an alternator only mounting boss. (closer to the alternator not the dipstick tube).
                      "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
                      ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
                      '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
                      '60 Morris Van - Marvan
                      '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Dave; pick up the crank at the swimming pool??!! You mean it's already being used as an anchor? ("I told you students what would happen if you didn't improve those lap times!" "Oh no, Mr. Baughman!"......Splash....Glub..)

Comment

Cranky coach?

Comment

Gives new meening to "Stroke"!

Tim
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

that's why they put the MISTER in front of my name!!

Comment

Working...
                              X