Early Mini Body Shells and parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Mini Body Shells and parts

I was contacted by someone recently who has an early 1960 Mini 850 and an early 1961 Mini Cooper for sale. Neither car is complete and they have been stuffed in the back of a small dry garage since the late '80s. It's probably best to look at them as fairly solid body shells with parts. The 850 is missing the doors among other things. The Cooper has no drive train and the front subframe has been removed and is missing the swivel hubs and front brakes.

There are no titles but the original VINs are intact and there are what appear to be the original license plates. Below is a DropBox link to some poor pictures that I took.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/un4eu3c65...TwTp0caTa?dl=0

The owner would like to get $1000 for everything but is on a fairly tight time schedule to empty the garage. I have volunteered to answer questions for the owner and pass on details of those who are interested. Many club members have my cell phone number, if you don't PM me.

Kelley
    If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Those are poor photos Kelley. What is going on with the dash in the photos? Are those fuses in the switch panel? What is in the box around the column? Looks like decent project cars for the money.

Comment

The pictures are poor but they were the best possible considering the state of the garage adn how the cars are arranged.

The car with the fuses in the switch panel was being prepped for racing in the '80s and then stuffed in the garage around 1986.

There are two people in contact with the owner right now so there is a very good chance that the cars are sold. I'll post more when I know more.

Kelley
      If you can afford the car, you can afford the manual...

Comment

I bought the Cooper and another gentleman bought the 850.

Don

Comment

Another one in the stable. Way to go, Don.

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

Thanks Dan! Yes, this may be considered a Mini rescue. I'm begining to wonder how stable I am. We'll see more of what we've got over the weekend.

My record:

Three Minis sent to China in thumb size pieces. Ironically a red , a white, and a blue. (sorry)

One is now yard art.

Only two sold as drivers. Hmmm?

One is now racing!

One is driving the back roads of Washington, Old Paint

One is "under construction", 65 Cooper S

Austin Marina? No comment

Rust free 73 TR 6? Now in Hawaii.

If you know of any other barn finds, please keep them to yourself.

Don

Comment

One thing is for certain, Don's tetanus and hantavirus shots are in very fine order at this point.
              Last edited by Bertam; 02-16-2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

HOUSTON!?

We have a problem.
                Last edited by Dixminion; 02-18-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X