66 Hornet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 Hornet

Hello all, Reluctantly putting the hornet up for sale. Photo's here and a description but for some reason i can't see if the description is there.
    http://s1346.photobucket.com/user/Hy...?sort=6&page=1
    racecar spelled backwards is racecar

I don't see a description (or price), either.

That's one of the few cars I've sold that I regret selling.
    The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

Hello Chuck, yes it was a very good car to start the restoration with. I was thinking 18000. I have only put it up here cause i would like it to stay local. After the new year it will go on the internet. Aaron

Comment

I hope it can stay local, too. Over the past couple of years we've lost three cars from the area to out of state buyers.
        The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

What a great little car.

Dan
          Dan

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

Comment

As the description didn't take i wrote another one.
            1966 Wolseley Hornet for sale . I bought this car as a driver from Chuck Helecker with the intention of restoring it in 2008. It was disassembled and the metalwork started. It has new wings, A panels, front floorpans and new front panel along with small repairs in the rear of the car. The repairs are done superbly. Gunnar Gordon did the paint and the majority of the metal work the front panel was shaped by Ted Atkins as it comes flat in a box and needed to be shaped with a english wheel. The Interior i left stock and is how i got the car. Why, because i like how old british cars look and smell with a patina. The engine is now an 1100 with an unleaded head and a sw5 cam. The engine was done by John at autosport. I selected the 1100 because i wanted to have a bit more power with the ability to drive it on the freeway But it looks identical to the original. The original 998 three syncro engine and trans go with the car. The trans is a four syncro 1128 with a magic wand diff cover added it was machined by me to fit on a bridgeport mill and is now perfectly matched to the case. Trans has all new bearings and all of the parts to make it like new. The diff is a 3.44 and has the cooper s hardy spicer joints. This car does not leak any oil. As far as the suspension. I flushed out the displacers and cleaned it all up and i intended to only have it be a Hydrolastic car. I added the shocks. They virtually eliminate the dive on braking associated with a hydrolastic cars. They are set on the minimum 1 position and are unnoticeable in normal driving. The brakes are drum and i kept them that way because i like the looks of them with this car (the discs make the track wider) they work perfectly. The wheels are stock painted in silver imron. Since i finished the restoration two years ago it has seen less than a hundred miles. But has been at the Greenwood car show the last two years The car still has a few things to get done it needs a door switch and a rear boot board, The chrome is old and i had intended to rechrome everything. Overall it doesn't look bad. Asking 18,000. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Hello, So have been thinking about putting the Hornet for sale on the national site. But i really would like to keep it local. Couple of people have said the price was a bit on the high side. But the people that have seen it have said it is a good price or more. So if you were on the fence while looking at the photo's come take a look at it and give me a reasonable offer. Sure would like to see it in a local car show sometime. Aaron

Comment

Working...
              X