MK I Project Discovered!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK I Project Discovered!!!

I received a phone call from a very nice lady. Her brother just past away. He had purchased a complete 1967 (Not certain but close) AUTHENTIC Cooper S. It is a basket case project. All peiced seem to be there but it is RAW.
    I am putting this out for the club to see if anyone is 1: interested and 2: has a reasonable idea as to what it is worth. There are a LOT of NOS parts included. The last time the car was on the road was in 1975.
    They definitely want to get rid of if.
    Here is a link to a LOT of pictures.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...973&parid=root

You can contact Jody via email at Jody Liebetrau <[email protected]>
    Or Cathy at (208) 371-7999

AND Have a WONDERFUL Christmas and a Very Happy NEW YEAR!!!
    Classic Miniac.
    1978 Mini (1460)
    1991 B M W 318is

Merry Christmas Mike,
    FYI according to my Cooper and Cooper S book. The vin # puts the manufacture date aprox. Nov. or Dec. 1966. Car # 931976 was a RHD 1275 and # 932079 was a LHD 1275. The pics seem to indicate that it is a real S. The 3 branch exhaust manifold would be correct. The larger 3 into 1 manifold is for a sprite. Although the project comes with a lot of parts...FULL ground up projects are not worth very much these days. Unless the buyer has a lot of skill and a good collection of tools, they will spend more restoring this car then it's value. If I had to guess at a value with seeing it in person ...I'd say maybe $2,000 at best.
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Where is it?
      Tom
      My Mini is plastic.

Comment

Cooper S Location

It is located in West Seattle.
        Classic Miniac.
        1978 Mini (1460)
        1991 B M W 318is

Comment

Thanks for the research James. I agree on the value.
          Classic Miniac.
          1978 Mini (1460)
          1991 B M W 318is

Comment

Agree on the build date. November '66. Front panel has been replaced with a later version.
            The more I know about Minis, the more I know I don't know about Minis.

Comment

The car is everyting it should be. A few rust issues, the front panel, left fender, roof gutters and left side seams. Solid floors and sills, including the trunk and battery box. The speedo shows 67, 000 plus miles, which are probably original. It was last title/tabbed in 1975. A few quirky things such as the original carpets and jute backing, a roll bar, an odd mix of 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 inch wheels, and all of the new bits from Mini City, circa 1977 will make this a fun project. It was originally Island blue and white.
              Tom
              My Mini is plastic.

Comment

Has anyone purchased this project yet? Just curious.
                Classic Miniac.
                1978 Mini (1460)
                1991 B M W 318is

Comment

I did. After battling against the weather for weeks, i finally got it home Friday.
                  Tom
                  My Mini is plastic.

Comment

Congrats, I am excited to see it went to someone who can make it great again.
                    Classic Miniac.
                    1978 Mini (1460)
                    1991 B M W 318is

Comment

Way go go, Tom! I hope that it is everything you ever wanted in a Cooper S. I agree with Mike, another car saved by a knowledgeable Mini owner!

Best regards,
                      MSH
                      All Together Now..... Everybody.......

Comment

Working...
                      X