Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAMOA's Mini Q - Silent Auction

Hi,
    You have all seen it before, read about it's storied past, perhaps even loved it! Now, it is available for you to purchase!
    We have tried to create interest for a club project, but that has failed, and now the Fabulous Mini Q will be sold in a silent auction which starts now, and ends at the end of next Tuesday nights meeting. There is also a small red "yard trailer" that is perfect for carrying the Mini Q that you can bid on within the price of your offer.
    This silent auction is simple. You send me an email, stating your desired price, and whether your bid is including the trailer. I keep it secret until after the "time is called" at next tuesday nights meeting. ( There is a slight possibility that those at the meeting next tuesday will be able to bid aloud, if that is what the majority of members attending decide will happen. ) My email is mshurston - at - g mail.com putting an @ symbol before gmail. The time that your email is received in my inbox is the official time. There will be no allowance for any malarkey, electronic problems, etc.
    Own a piece of NW British car and SAMOA history; Bid Now.
    I will attempt to answer your bid related questions, but reserve the right to not answer at all.
    The proceeds from the auction will go to the club treasury.

Please view the coupla pics I've enclosed, note that it is now yellow (lite blue color is from early 1990's), read the threads within this web site regarding our beloved Mini Q, and bid!
    Best regards,
    MSH
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mark; 09-13-2011, 06:31 PM. Reason: !
    All Together Now..... Everybody.......

When did the club vote on weather or not to auction it? ! I guess that what I get for missing the summer meetings!
    "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
    ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
    '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
    '60 Morris Van - Marvan
    '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Excellent on those bids, folks! Keep them coming. I know that some of the parts alone are worth big money on this historical artifact of SAMOA's.

James, I am sorry that you and others who didn't attend the last meeting weren't able to vote. The president and some members present were convinced by the nearly complete lack of interest during the last 11 months that it was time to act. They chose the meeting at my house, seated in front of the Mini Q, as the actual time to act. This silent auction is the result of that action.

Well, it looks like it's on to greener pastures, judging by the bids; so please do keep them coming, folks. The proceeds go to the samoa treasury!

Best regards,
      MSH

Comment

Thanks Mark. Can you give us an idea of what the bidding is up to? (no names of corse) I don't want to bid under what some else is already at. Thats one of the reasons why I hate silent auctions
        "remember, in this country, they drive on the wrong side of the road"
        ‘64 Austin Countryman-???
        '60's Austin mini truck - the chicken truck
        '60 Morris Van - Marvan
        '55 Chevy wagon- the heavy Chevy

Comment

Just my two cents, and you can take that as a bid! I don't feel that this should be a silent auction and if people would like to make their bids known then let them post them on the site. It just might make a bidding war.

Tim
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/seattlemini/collections/

Comment

Thrupence.

I up your bid Tim to threepence! Which is about .048 cents.
            It's all part of life's rich tapestry.

Comment

Yes, Absolutely, make your bid known. I won't reveal what the bid is currently, but think that, as they say, you should bid to win!!

Thanks and regards,
              MSH

Comment

Tonight's the night! And it is a beautiful one at that! So come on out and join the live bidding at the club meeting tonight. Drive your Mini, since it is such a beautiful drive out to Lake Forest Park.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Best regards,

MSH

Comment

SOLD! - as it were -
                  Both congratulations and Thanks to James T for his largess and willingness to preserve this important piece of SAMOA history. ( and get a cool little yard trailer in the deal! )

Thanks again, and Best regards,
                  MSH

Comment

Working...
                  X